Published on Sep 16, 2013
Ottawa, ON, September 16, 2013 — According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales posted a month-over-month increase in August 2013.
– National home sales rose 2.8% from July to August.
– Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity came in 11.1% above levels in August 2012.
– The number of newly listed homes was up 1.8% from July to August.
– The Canadian housing market has tightened but remains in balanced territory.
– The national average sale price rose 8.1% on a year-over-year basis in August.
– The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 2.9% year-over-year in August.