Maybe you’re buying a home for the first time. Or maybe you’re selling your old home to move up to something new. Whatever the reason, the buying and selling of a home is a big event. It’s an intricate process involving many specialists. One of these specialists is a REALTOR®, whose job it is to make the transfer of property as easy as possible.
But not all licensed or registered Brokers or salespeople are REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® is a trademark identifying real estate licensees in Canada who are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA). REALTORS® adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. The code of ethics is a firm set of rules, describing what kind of performance you have a right to expect from a REALTOR®. It’s your guarantee of professional conduct and the best in service.
That’s why many buyers and sellers turn to a REALTOR®. As a member of their local real estate Board, REALTORS® have their finger on the pulse of the housing market and are in daily contact with buyers potentially interested in your home.
You can trust a REALTOR® to protect your interests and to look after details. And all the while, you’re an active partner in the process, working with a REALTOR® every step of the way. So the more you know about buying and selling homes, the better your working relationship with a REALTOR®.
- A REALTOR®’s commitment to high standards of professional conduct works to the advantage of buyers and sellers alike.
- A REALTOR® is knowledgeable about developments and trends in real estate. A REALTOR® will get you the facts: comparable prices, neighborhood trends, housing market conditions and more.
- A REALTOR® is committed to ongoing education to increase competence and effectiveness in real estate trading.
- Every REALTOR® has been trained and tested. And REALTORS® are bound by a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice that ensure fairness to all parties in a transaction.
- A REALTOR®’s pledge is to be honest in disclosing property information and forthright in providing the facts needed to help you make one of the most important decisions of your life.
- And remember, only a REALTOR®, a member of The Canadian Real Estate Association, has access to the Multiple Listing Service®, Canada’s most powerful real estate marketing system.